Wednesday, November 10, 2010

You can find more than just change in the crack of your couch!

life has been pretty exciting lately- starting with an unexpected proposal to an unbelievable & eventful June wedding!
I used to dream of the day I would walk down the isle- from the princess gown to pachelbel's canon in d playing over & over in my head.  this dress was meant to be twirled!
Everything about that day makes me smile, but there is one particular event that makes me appreciate the man I found.

We spent the evening of June 5, 2010 dancing the night away with our Family & friends. Our DJ was amazing and kept the dance floor alive. But the night was about to take an unexpected twist.
The weather had been a little rough that day- we felt like God was on our side as the clouds parted long enough for us to say our vows.
It was Hot and Muggy for the most part of the day- we could hardly stand to photo document our day as the air conditioned room steamed up the windows of the Island House.

Just as Scott & I turned in for the night we heard a knock at the door- knowing scott's friends I assumed one drunken friend had wandered away from the crowd to play a joke on us on our wedding night. Little did we know that a Tornado warning had been issued & the staff had been ordered to evacuate everyone from their rooms.
We could barely hear the sirens over the noise from the bar next door- where the majority of our guests were continuing the celebration.
We were allowed to return to our rooms after 45 minutes of waiting in the lobby of the hotel.
But being the worrier that I am, i was glued to the weather station & was receiving weather alerts on my cell phone. Tornado 7 miles west of Port Clinton, Heading East... 2 minutes later, Tornado spotted 5 miles west of Port Clinton... OMG! is all I could think- its heading straight for us. I was texting everyone I knew including my family across the lake. I had myself so worked up- saying over & over "OMG sota is coming straight for us" only to turn around and hear in between snores from the mouth of my new husband- "GO TO BED- YOU'RE CRRAZZY!"
well the sirens started going off again & i was trying to get Scott up & to high tail it down the 100 year old steps to the lobby when I heard him say something very profound & instantly calming-

he sat up and said, "Blayne, this hotel has been around since 1886. It has lived through hundreds of tornados & it is still standing"

He was right- everyone was safe- the tornado missed Port Clinton & we woke up to an incredible sky.
They say its good luck if it rains on your wedding day- what do they say about tornados?

I guess we will have to wait & see what comes from the little ring box in the crack of our couch :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay Blayners!! You started a blog! I am soo glad I have someone to join me!! I just started but really enjoy it! Follow me :) Luv ya

    Ps- couldn't help but laugh at tornado story..hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

My Love

My Love
relaxing with the pups

patch & andre

patch & andre
My little "humans"