Wednesday, November 10, 2010

a little inspiration



It seems that my life lately has been filled with ups and downs... but instead of dwelling on the occasional dips- id like to think its been a crazy little ride - the trick is making it past the first hill right?
then its the exciting free-fall and its right back up the next hill which never seems as large or challenging as the first.
maybe its because adrenaline helps fuel the momentum to make it up that hill? whatever it is I know one thing- its the little moments- the ones that make you stop and reflect on what a great gift life is that help me make it through the dips...
Design K

I guess the inspiration for this blog would be my husband... for those of you who haven't had the pleasure of meeting the love of my life, Id like to explain one thing that has shaped the title & purpose of this blog.
His unapologetic, knee-slapping, over the top- slightly obnoxious- laugh. sounds too simple to shape a blog right?
He finds laughter in almost everything. so much so that he literally slaps his knee in delight. (like the obnoxious volume isn't satisfaction enough) But the best part about it is that he will laugh like this ANYWHERE! in a crowded restaurant, when he thinks he is alone, when im sleeping in bed next to him, in a crowded movie theater...
anywhere.
I used to be embarrassed by the formerly detestable noise until i realized just how much this noise is a reflection of his personality.
everytime i hear it-or the person snickering behind us in the movie theater- I squeeze his hand a little tighter & i hope that he knows how much I appreciate every little thing that makes him who he is.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Love

My Love
relaxing with the pups

patch & andre

patch & andre
My little "humans"